Today, I went to visit my Memaw in her latest location! I was planning to take both Blayne and Reagan, but after they woke up with clear drainage, I didn't want to risk possibly exposing her immune suppressed body to a cold. More than likely, it is just allergies with all of this weird weather that we are having. I scrambled to find someone to keep the two kiddos while I went for my visit. I was watching my friend, Cheryl's kids this morning, so she was the lucky winner of the babysitting job since my other options didn't work out!!!! That's a true friend...she has 4 kids of her own and hey, she's a nurse so clear snot doesn't scare her! Anyway, I headed to see her. She looks good, little hair, but good. She is working hard on rehabilitating and she desires to go home. She will resume chemo in 2 weeks. She talked and talked. We had a nice visit and when I left, a little old lady stopped me and asked "is this where we started?" I knew that she was confused, so I tried to be nice and I replied "well, I didn't begin with you, so I don't know if this is where 'we' started or not." I got the aide's attention and she was able to direct the lady to her room....
The face of a faithful friend!!!!!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Memaw Visit
Posted by Jennifer at Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment