Whitney and I had a great time together Friday night as we slipped away, just the two of us, for the evening. It was a night was vegging at the hotel, shopping, eating out, swimming, watching TV, staying up late, girl talk, 8-year-old jokes, going to the movies...just a lot of fun packed in a 24 hour period! Whitney and I don't get a lot of time just the two of us, so it was special. She has been saving her money for about 6 months now, and she wanted me to take her shopping. I surprised her with an overnight hotel stay too! I just love Priceline.com. I was able to get a 5-star hotel for $40! Whitney spent a lot of time perusing the aisles of the stores at the mall deciding on what she wanted. She still came home with money, too! I treated her to her first pedicure and it was hilarious! The man was Vietnamese, and she kept staying "what, I can't understand you....can you say that again?" ( how embarrassing!) We got to eat at Cracker Barrel. Whitney chose to eat there. It was so much fun. The waiter sat down and showed her how to beat the triangle game. We bought the game and Whitney is so proud that she can win it every time! There was a grandmother and granddaughter having dinner there. I couldn't quit staring at them, the lady reminded me so much of my Memaw. It made me sad. I always enjoyed taking my Memaw out to eat. I went and talked to them and told them to enjoy their time together and how much I missed sharing meals with my grandmother...they probably thought I was psycho. I even took a picture from our table. The lady had skinny fingers and a big belly just like Memaw! Anyway, Whitney and I had a grand time, we met some interesting people and made lots of memories. The one thing that Whitney has asked for was if we could have a room with a pretty view...so I took a picture of our view...not so pretty! Enjoy the slideshow of our time together.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Girls' Night with Whitney
Posted by Jennifer at Monday, June 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Love it!! Your kids will never forget those special one-on-one times....
I did not think you were psycho until you mentioned taking the picture! Just kidding! Loved seeing all the fun pics!
Post a Comment