Monday, August 10, 2009

Burger's Lake






Yesterday after lunch we surprised the kids with a trip out to Burger's Lake. Blayne and Reagan and I had gone before school was out with some friends. Blayne had told the girls all about it and they have wanted to go! They were so excited. When we got there, they were even more excited seeing all of the fun and different things to do. As we walked up, they did a safety check which required EVERYONE to get out of the lake and do a group check. A four-year-old was missing.....it was a bit scary....but they found her rather quickly. There are lots of lifeguards on site and they are super attentive. It was a day for me of remembering that you can't judge a book by its cover! Most of the lifeguards had very long hair, lots of tattoos, and would smoke when the were on break, but they were very kind and respectful and helpful! There were all kinds of people there from all walks of life, but we enjoyed interacting with them. I wore regular mascara (not waterproof) so you know what that looked like after two seconds in the water! My girls were telling me that I has mascara on my face and I tried to get it off (blindly) and I couldn't! This very nice tattooed and pierce young mom came over and said "here, let me help you!" and she dipped her hands in the water and washed my face off. Let me tell you that would NOT be happening over here where I live! We had a fun-filled family day, and sweet Reagan could barely walk and talk when we got home. She was POOPED! Everyone slept in this morning...including John (oops!) Two more weeks of summer and poof!!!!! it is gone!***One detail that I can't believe that I forgot to tell. I got stung by a wasp while we were there on my forearm. I had to go to First Aid to get the stinger removed. The lifeguard was so nice and took a long time with the tweezers trying to get thing out of there. It hurt sooo badly! My arm is red today as a reminder....oh, and the first time Whitney went on the trapeze swing and dropped into the water, she came up with a bloody nose!!! So we spent some more time in First Aid! For those of you that have not been there in a while...they have added tube slides and more diving boards. It was really fun for my kids because you don't have many opportunities anymore to jump off of high dives or slide down slides that are probably against modern day regulations because of the slopes!!!! fun times!

4 comments:

Shanna Sjogren said...

I LOVE this place! My youth group used to go there when I was in Jr. High and I have so many great memories there. Can't wait to take Andrew someday.

Anonymous said...

We haven't braved Burger's Lake yet, but it looks fun. But don't you think it's odd that you and John were BOTH stung on the arm in one weekend?

The Gillaspie Family said...

yay...another place to add to the list of places to visit! Might wait until Abby's a little bit older, but this looks like fun! Never heard of it before... :)

Michelle said...

i cannot believe as much as i talk to you that i did not know this story! my first vision was the point and the girl screaming and jumping around when she stepped on the bee! is that what you did? haha