
Last weekend, 4 of the kids and I hopped into the BIG van and headed East...we stopped by to see Michelle in Dallas on the way and dropped off some clothes for her to sell in the JBF sale, and I bought one of her Scribbles bags to wrap up my adorable baby shower gift. We were heading to Longview to do a quick visit to see Bee and Grandpa and for me to attends a baby shower for a little couple. I used to babysit the DAD...sigh...yes, I feel OLD! It was a lovely shower at a beautiful home and I got to see some wonderful people from my growing up years. It feels to good to go home and to see people that have known me all of my life and to give them a BIG hug and have a rush of memories flow through me. After the shower, I had to run by and see my friend, Marie, as I was just a couple of miles from her house. It is always great to stop by and visit with her and catch up.
The kids were THRILLED because my parents now have CAT! Its name is Sugar-Booger (an original from my Daddy! It really is a sweet cat. Even though it got IN my van and we had to dig it out...shhh...don't tell John, he is very allergic and he will think his nose is itching when he drives because of the cat! The kids got to fish and shoot a BB gun on this trip...didn't get pictures of the shooting! My Dad is so good about planning fun and different activities for the kids while they are there. It was also the big East Texas Balloon Festival, so we had high hopes of getting to see balloons float over my parents' property....didn't happen...got up early to see them and everything! One of the biggest highlights of my 24 hour trip was getting to visit a sweet little family and their TWIN baby boys! Another depressing thought is that I used to babysit their Momma! We had to come back on Saturday night because we had left our Whitney at home with a throat and stomach virus...I am sure my parents are very grateful of that! It is always fun to go home to East Texas and enjoy the beautiful scenery and the slower pace of life!
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Quick Longview Trip
Posted by Jennifer at Sunday, August 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Glad you guys had a great trip! Hope all are healed up and healthy. Those babies are too cute. All of them:)
Post a Comment