
In pondering being pregnant AGAIN, I wanted to write out some of my thoughts. I have had mixed reactions from other people both family and friends with this pregnancy. Lots of laughs, lots of jokes, some congratulations and encouragement.
Wow, am I thankful to the Lord for all five little blessings He has so kindly given to us! I look around and see many people who struggle to get pregnant, and know that I am so undeserving of these precious gifts! My heart is so full, and my love for the Lord grows as I enjoy each little one, knowing that I deserve nothing, actually worse than nothing, yet He has chosen to bless us over and over again- and abundantly- beyond what I could have ever imagined.
I love looking at my belly (the pregnant part, not the flubber part!). I will miss it terribly, though I won't miss all of the little pains and difficulties that come along with a huge belly. I love walking through the store, with as many kids as I have with me, having people ask about the gender of the baby, how many others we have, and all the rest. I remember the first time someone noticed I was pregnant with Savannah, and I was SO excited. I will miss those days.
I love the feeling of little hands and feet moving around inside of me, and am daily in awe of the amazing knitting together that is happening right inside of me. Little hands, little feet, little organs, tiny fingers and toes, joints, eyes, ears that can hear already - the glory of God is so clearly revealed in this amazing journey of growth and development! Evolutionists must be ashamed to say that this happens over and over again, all by "chance"... What faith that takes!
Some people have the courage to ask, but I'm sure others wonder... is it as exciting the fifth time as it is the first? I can hardly put words to that answer. The wonder of a baby growing inside of me, the excitement of meeting this little one along with each of the others...it is just amazing! I have been so eagerly awaiting the birth of this little one just as much as each of the others. John, at times, even seems more excited this time! All of the similar thoughts and emotions that are stirred during pregnancy are stirred with each and every one. I wonder what he will look like? What will his temperament be like? Will everything be okay? What color will his hair be? Will he and Blayne be the best of friends, even with the age difference? How will the baby of the family (Reagan) handle being slightly displaced by the new baby? On and on the questions go... bottom line- we are SO excited to meet this baby, and have just as eagerly anticipated this one as all of the others. No less excitement, no less wonder. It's awesome and amazing, time after time after time after time.....and I think that the fact we did not plan this baby as we had the others, makes it all the more exciting and awesome of he work of the Lord!
We are thrilled and excited, and are so thankful to the Lord for not only blessing us with one more child and for giving us a boy! We have picked the name "Bryan" which means noble, strong, virtuous! We pray that our little Bryan will be these things and bring God glory in his life.
Please pray for his safe arrival! Pray for us as we enter into the last weeks of pregnancy...I say "we" as it effects ALL of us when I am not feeling well or when I am tired...so, tired! John has been super Daddy and has picked up the slack around here during this pregnancy. We look forward to Bryan's arrival and will enjoy Thanksgiving with our new little blessing.
I went to the doctor yesterday for a routine OB visit. I have been sick for a few days with a stomach bug so she wanted to check on me about that too. I had lost more weight (see I am telling ya pregnancy is the new diet plan!) I had a sonogram and the baby is measuring BIG....like 3 1/2 weeks early big!!! She said "well, you are growing another BIG one!" He was very active during the sonogram and kept looking at the camera....in TRUE Stonecipher child fashion, he must already know what will be required of him outside the womb...lots, and lots of pictures! Everything looks great, with the exception that I was dehydrated, but I am working on hydrating! I start to go every two weeks for appointments and she tentatively has me scheduled to be induced November 23rd. That seems REALLY soon!!!!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
My Thoughts on Pregnancy #5
Posted by Jennifer at Tuesday, September 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Oh, Jennifer, tears welled up in my eyes to hear you describe your excitement over this surprise!
Bryan...I love it! Any middle name yet? I can't believe you are getting so close. (Although to you I'm sure it seems like forever.) We are so excited about this new baby. (and a little jealous.) :) We'll just have to love on your newborns from now on.
So glad you are all so excited! Praying for your health & Bryan's! Much love goes your way my friend, much love:-)
Bryan is a great name! :) I'm so excited for you and your family.
Post a Comment