
We are so thankful and delighted to have learned this week and Bryan does NOT have Galactosemia! He is a carrier of the Duarte Galactosemia gene, but he is NOT affected by the disease! We praise the Lord for this wonderful news! We had to wait for over a week to get the results of the genetic testing. I have been praying that he didn't have it as he is doing so well nursing and is such a contented baby. I remember the day when we found out about Reagan's diagnosis. My friend, Michelle, was here helping me that day and I cried and cried as I read through all of the information on-line. It was potentially going to be a very difficult transition for our family. I read about all of the effects that Galactosemia has on a person and it was devastating to me! This entire pregnancy, I have been sort of dreading this test and its results! So, we received GREAT news on Friday! I love our Geneticist, and I think that she enjoyed that phone call too as must of her phone calls are to deliver devastating news. This was GREAT news to share.
As with every Stonecipher Celebration, we had to get a cake!!! A CHOCOLATE cake at that. Sweet John stopped on his way home to get the "CONGRATUTATIONS" cake....oh well, it tasted good anyway!!!! We all enjoyed celebrating our good news.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Got Milk???? He Can HAVE It!!!
Posted by Jennifer at Sunday, December 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
YEAH!! I was wondering just today if you had heard anything. Glad it's good news.
Post a Comment