




Today is Blayne's 7th birthday. He chose donuts for his birthday breakfast, of course, and he got to open his presents from us. The girls were able to give him the tickets to Hurricane Harbor that they have been secretly holding onto! He read the little certificate (after opening the LARGE box that was a diaper box!) As he read, I was impressed at the words that he was able to decipher..."certificate" "voucher" "celebration"....he is really growing up! Anyway, it took him a minute to soak it all in an realize that YES TODAY on his real BIRTHDAY, he and his girls were going with daddy to the waterpark!!!! Once the reality sank in he was so excited...thankfully the excitement carried over when he opened Reagan's gift, which was a boy Barbie....she wanted to get it for him because she said he can't play with them when they play Barbies because there isn't a boy...he almost cried when he opened it. I guess the thought of getting a Barbie for his birthday was humiliating. She was so proud of her gift, though. We gave him a new Star Wars bathing suit and water shoes along with some Texas Ranger shorts! They are going to have such a fun time today. And, they are going to Trail Dust for supper tonight....it has a HUGE slide and a dance floor. Blayne will be so excited.






Last night, we had his "friend" party at Jump for Fun. We had orginally planned to have our party here at our house in the yard. I had bought all kinds of stuff for fun games. We planned relay races and water balloon fights and tosses. We bought spinner paints to make fun art and some Star War's pin the tail games. It was going to and active, but fun party....then a huge storm came on Friday and it was so yucky outside. The forecast was for more rain, and our entertainment could not be brought inside! So, I made several calls to find a place for us to go. Both of our Chuck E. Cheese's were booked, another bounce place was booked, the arcade was booked and then I called this place and they could fit us in. I am soooo glad that it worked out this way. Some of the kids in our group were CRAZY. They would have never played out very structured games and it would have been a very frustrating party for both John and I! I am thankful for rain, and for a sweet teenaged party helper at the place that was so good with our group. It ended up being a Fun, fun, fun...party. The kids had a blast. Blayne was so excited and it was just a great time. I am thankful that the Lord worked it out that way for all involved!!!!
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Happy 7th Birthday Blayne!!!
Posted by Jennifer at Sunday, May 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Blayne!
How funny! The boy barbie story made me smile. :)
Post a Comment