Monday, April 5, 2010

April Fool's

We played a pretty great joke on the kids for April Fool's Day!!! After dinner, we told them we had to talk to them. John began his talk on how children are a blessing from the Lord, and that we are grateful for each of them....blah, blah...and he wanted them to know something....this is when I presented them with this cake.




It has a very close resemblance to THIS cake that they received LAST year! They totally fell for it. Whitney asked if we were adopting...Savannah said "are you pregnant?" and Blayne was asking "what?"...."what, we are having ANOTHER baby, really?" Savannah said "we will be done with 6 kids, right?" and Whitney chimed in, "yeah, six kids will definitely be enough!".....GOTHCHA kids! John and I counted to 3 and exclaimed "April Fool's".....I think we all breathed a sigh of relief! The kids were so sweet, I expected them to be upset!

1 comments:

Callicott Family said...

So mean and funny! I love the kids' reactions.