We took the kids to see John's grandparents (two of their great-grandparents) tonight at the nursing home. They are both in the same facility. Mammaw was moved their after her fall and hospital stay. She is there for Re-hab, so hopefully, she will be back home in a couple of weeks. The kids did GREAT! It is hard to go to the nursing home with four kids and a crazy husband. I am telling them "don't run, be quiet, the people are resting" and he is yelling "hey, the last one to the end of the hall is a rotten egg!" sheesh...I don't stand a chance do I? We stopped in to see Mammaw first, but she was asleep, so we headed to the other side of the complex to see Poppa (Whitney wanted to know why the "doctors" didn't put them in the same room since they are friends! That would have made visiting less complicated for sure! Mammaw doesn't have a roommate, so I am sure Whitney was wondering why Poppa couldn't just come there. His roommate is pretty pitiful and makes really loud noises. Reagan kept looking under the curtain at him when he would make his loud gasping noises. I wanted to join her a couple of times....I am so nosey and apparently she is too! Anyway, we did have a good visit. Poppa taught Blayne how to play those peg games (like you play at Cracker Barrel) Poppa knows the sequence to win it, and he quickly taught it to Blayne. It was neat to see, as he had trouble telling us what he had for dinner because of his stroke, he has a hard time finding his words, but he didn't miss a beat rattling off to Blayne what his next move needed to be. Before we left, Blayne "won" the game by himself! Poppa must be a good teacher. Blayne doesn't listen to me like that! Whitney was funny and kept finding things to entertain herself. Savannah took it all in. I think that the nursing home makes her nervous. Reagan was charming, but busy! It is sad to see our sweet folks there. They both are precious and very much still "with it", so it is hard to see them having to be at a place that isn't home! Both of them have great attitudes and seem to make the best of their situation. Please enjoy the following slideshow! You will get a glimpse of our evening. We treated the kids to the Purple Cow for dinner. It is very close to the nursing home. Those yummy shakes made all of that visiting and multiple handwashing (thanks to John) very much worth it!
Monday, June 16, 2008
Nursing Home Visit
Posted by Jennifer at Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
This is so sweet! It brings back such fun memories of visiting papa. Keep taking your kids, it makes the grandparents day!! :) I can't believe the picture of Savannah walking with Reagan it just seems like it was the other day that Savannah was that age!
Post a Comment