Friday, February 27, 2009

What a day!!!



I am pooped, but I wanted to get this blogged tonight, so here I go. Today was a very busy day for me. As usual, I had Blaire come to keep the kids so that I could volunteer at Whitney's school. Today was a field trip to Casa Manana and I was selected to go with Whitney's class. It was also the day that Whitney got to bring treats for her birthday, which is tomorrow!!!! She chose donuts as he treat, so after taking her and Mason to school this morning, I headed off to pick up the donuts that I had ordered from our favorite shop. I then went and picked up Blaire, dropped her off with Blayne and Reagan and headed back to school. I loaded up all of the sack lunches and drinks from Whitney's class and headed to Ft. Worth with my friend Shannon who was also chosen to go on this field trip. We enjoyed the show "Miss Nelson is Missing" which is based on one of my favorite childhood books. We then went to a park, ate lunch and watched our kids run to the park equipment and scare the bee-gee-bees out of some kindergarteners that were playing oh, and there was a homeless man sleeping on a bench right in the middle of all of this! Then, back to school we went. The children headed to an assembly, and I headed to the classroom to set out drinks and donuts for each child. I was horrified to find my yummy fresh donuts COVERED in ants...the box, the counter, the donuts...alive with the motion of ants! I kicked into action and ran to Albertson's and purchased some pre-packaged Krispy Kreme donuts. I came back, the assembly ran long and I ended up having to pack the donuts into ziplock bags for the kids to take home . Whitney's teacher sang "Happy Birthday" with the kids and they quickly left out to go home. I raced home, began preparations for Whitney birthday supper (chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans and rolls...yum!) My parents had arrived for a short visit. We ate dinner and then prepared for our small group to meet at our home for tonight's scheduled meeting, John took Savannah to her game (he is her coach) and I held down the fort...only ONE of our group members showed up tonight. So much for making and island full of snacks! I had some good one-on-one time with this sweet lady and after my parents returned from the game with Savannah, we enjoyed a yummy cookie and celebrated both Whitney and my mom's birthdays....whew...it has been a day!!!!

0 comments: