Monday, July 13, 2009

It's A.......


BOY!!!!!
This is the look of two excited sisters!

Savannah couldn't wait to call John!


Savannah, Whitney and I went to my sonogram appointment this afternoon. It was a fun girl time together, as I have never taken them to an OB appointment with me. John had to pull Daddy duty at home because Blayne woke up in the night with a high fever, sore throat and began vomiting this morning (lovely timing!) So Savannah being the secretary that she is, videoed the sonogram and Whitney and I looked on! All three of us were shocked that it was actually a boy...but we are all three thrilled. I think that they, like me, were thinking "we have 3 girls so chances are..." Blayne was excited as a sick child can be and we all sat after dinner and admired Savannah's video skills. Whitney's comment was "he looks like slush" Blayne said "I think that he looks like Darth Vadar" and all Reagan was interested in was rewinding the tape to the place where SHE was singing! The baby looks healthy and the measurements were all right on. We had to stop and celebrate on the way home with some ice-cream! Yum!


The girls and I had some excitement on the way home. There was a man who was obviously "not right" in a car next to us. He sat still through one light rotation and cars just went around him. He looked like he was nodding off, so when the light turned green, I honked my horn and he sort of roused and we took off side-by-side...his head was nodding and his eyes were fluttering. I sped ahead of him and called 911....(the girls thought it was strange that I was calling the police on a man just for falling asleep) as I talked to the operator, he was behind me (a safe distance) swerving all over the road. I gave the best description I could (white BMW) and got off the road at the grocery store. I told them to hurry and help him because something was wrong. The girls and I ran into the store, got our groceries (Milk, Tylenol, bananas and Sprite)...short list! As we approached our turn to go home, I saw an ambulance, firetruck and two police cars. My heart skipped a beat when I saw "the car". I was telling the girls while I was driving that you have to always watch and keep your eyes on other people while you are driving. Yes, I was tattlling on that man, but he could cross the line, hit someone and kill them! Then, we saw all of the action. I pulled into the parking lot, left my girls in the air-conditioned van an approached the officer. I asked if the man was okay and if there had been a wreck. I told him that I was the one who had called. They told me that he had passed out in the intersection right there, and that nobody was hurt. (I was relieved) They followed me back to my car, took a recorded statement, and the officer told me that they aren't sure what was happening with him.

You just never know when you are out there on the roads what could be going on around you. This was a very good lesson for my girls. They saw all the chaos going on and saw that this could have been a really bad thing if the police had not come and looked for him and found him before there was an accident. Now they will probably tell me that tattle telling is a GOOD thing!!!!

So...we are happy about our BABY BOY....and thankful for protection on the road today. God has been so good to me!

4 comments:

Becky said...

YEAH!!!! Jack is so excited that he'll have a BOY cousin to play with close to his age. I'm saving all my clothes for you! Glad he's healthy most of all. Hope you both stay that way.

Ami said...

A boy, yippee! Wow, what a good life lesson today. Glad you were alert and able to stay ahead of him.

Julie M. said...

Yep, no one has adventures like you! And God always uses them for His purposes! What an amazing lesson for the girls. I thought it was great that you took them, btw. I thought it was funny that they thought you were tattling on the man! I hope Blayne is better today and can celebrate his new brother! Yay for you guys!

Michelle said...

I love sono pics. WOW, I can't wait to meet him.