Monday, April 19, 2010

Unique Wedding


I was asked to help with my friend, Beth's, brother's wedding this weekend. I have known their family since my freshman year in college. They are a dear, precious family and I was honored to be asked to help. Her brother has many artistic talented friends from all over the world. I enjoyed meeting new people and getting to observe Brad's special day. Another friend of Beth's also named Jennifer helped behind the scenes with me, and I enjoyed talking with her and gawking alongside her! We had house duty during the wedding which was held in the backyard under a 2500 sq ft tent in the pouring down rain!!! Many of the participants were tattooed and I liked looking at the tattoos and trying to figure out their significance and meaning. A man that prayed at the wedding was our former neighbor back in Euless when we bought our first house. It was neat to see him and his family. The bride's dog was in the wedding, and sported a tuxedo and everything...another one of my jobs was to snatch the dog up after the wedding photos and place him in his cage...he didn't like that so much! Jennifer and I ran clean-up duty and kid duty seeing that no can nor kid were left in the house! We also got to scape and rinse the 100+ plates from the dinner....now that is a humbling experience! The bride is a model and had picture perfect skin. I snapped some photos of them between their professional photos and just some candids. Thought you might like seeing a glimpse of me stepping out of the ordinary! Now only if someone else would have snapped a picture of me carrying the 12+bottles of champagne to the tables! That would have been a great shot!











0 comments: