Sunday, September 27, 2009

Kindergarten Homework....FUN!!!!

Blayne is loving Kindergarten. I am so glad that we decided to start him when he was six. He is doing great and is a real leader and star student in the classroom. He is enjoying school so much and is learning to read and write and even enjoys coloring and drawing now. I know that boys and girls are different, but I have been so surprised at how he doesn't enjoy doing things that the girls loved doing like: coloring for hours WITHIN the lines, making lists, learning to spell any and everything especially family members' names! He hasn't taken interest in any of that, and actually would be brought to tears if I MADE him do it! He would enjoy using the scissors, but only to mutilate a piece of paper, not to actually cut on the lines!!!! Things have really changed since school has started....I guess Blayne's pretty teacher Mrs. Middleton



has convinced him how important reading, writing and coloring in the lines are!!!

Well, this weekend's homework was to make a "Me Paper Guy" it was to resemble the student and portray something that relates to the child. Well, Blayne had some ideas that fit him to a "T"! So, we worked on his guy this afternoon....fun times! I think that you will see that his guy definitely covers who BLAYNE is!!!!





1 comments:

Rhonda said...

Elijah would bever finish his men. Drove me crazy! He drew one this year- the kid had freckles like crazy and a red scar on his eye like the kid from the cartoon Avatar:o)