Friday, December 4, 2009

Aunt Judy to the Rescue!!!!


Well, we are surviving around here. John was off work last week, but returned this week. He has been wonderful help, washing dishes, doing laundry, managing the kids' homework and activities. This week was especially busy as there were added choir rehearsals and Upward Basketball has started. There were additional homework assignments and meals being delivered. My Aunt Judy had offered her help a while back and I had decided to take her up on it! John's Aunt Rosie has also offered her help, and I WILL be taking her up on that too! (my plan was to save her for when the house sells and I have to pack and move with FIVE children...she has lived all over the world and she knows how to pack and move and organize and entertain children...all at the same time!) Anyway, the plan was for my Aunt Judy to arrive Monday morning. She has a 2+ hour commute to my house, so after getting the kids off to school Monday morning, Reagan and I both watch anxiously out the window for her to arrive! It was like waiting for Santa because I was so ready to go have a nap! Having her here this week was even more help than I could imagine! She entertained Reagan everyday and she let me take naps or go back to bed in the morning. She got the kids ready for school, folded laundry, wrapped Christmas presents and was just here with a smile on her face ready to offer a helping hand when needed! I needed that helping hand more than I realized! I have not recovered as quickly this time after delivery and I have been extremely tired. Bryan is an awesome baby....PRAISE THE LORD, because I can't imagine what this would be like if we had a screaming baby and I didn't feel good!!!
Aunt Judy was like Mary Poppins, she brought all kinds of activities to do with the kids. Every day, it seemed like she was pulling something else out of her bag for them to do! They loved it! She and Reagan had some great conversations and spent time playing Barbies and pretending. Reagan discussed with her the fact that Memaw is Aunt Judy's mom, Memaw died and went to heaven and since Aunt Judy is a grandma, she is going to die too!!!! I am sure that Aunt Judy appreciated that fact of life.
This afternoon before naptime, Reagan asked if she could go to Aunt Judy's house...I guess she realized that I am rather boring compared to Aunt Judy! This morning, after a long night, I asked Aunt Judy if I could go back to bed for a bit and if she could watch Bryan and Reagan...of course, she obliged, at ELEVEN o'clock, I woke up!!! I had slept over THREE hours...ooops! I guess I was more tired than I realized. It was hard to see Aunt Judy go today. I realized that for the first time, I am on my own!!!!! YIKES!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

You will be great! Praying for you!

The Gillaspie Family said...

Everyone needs an Aunt Judy!