



We were thrilled to get to experience a WHITE CHRISTMAS this year. We were supposed to attend our church's Christmas Eve Service last night and then join some friends for dinner at their house. Because of icy roads, it was decided that we would skip the service and just do dinner at our friends' house. We then came home and read the Christmas story and let the kids open one gift. John and I stayed up late and got some "things" done. At 3:30, I got up to feed Bryan, and I found our back door standing wide open!!! I guess when I offered to let Rudy out (he was sleeping in the house because of the weather) I had not latched the door! It was freezing in our house! I made John get up and check on the kids....all was well, so he went back to bed. At 4AM, I went back to bed only to hear the pitter-patter of little feet. Savannah had awakened and chose to wake up the other two older kids to see what Santa had brought!!!!! I was shocked that she did this, but it was also sweet that she was this excited about Christmas. I sent them all back to bed after they had peered and played with their Santa gifts. Whitney went back to bed, and read. The other two went back to sleep and so did I!!!! We had a leisurely morning, and then Bee and Grandpa and Jerral and Dilia joined us for lunch when the streets had cleared. Oh, and on a BIG side note, John decided to take Reagan's pacifier away. He felt that this was a good time as he is home to help with any late night crying. I know that she is over three and we are way beyond time in getting rid of it, but it is still sad. She is doing great with it, but has had a couple of melt down sad cries about it! Poor Girl! Merry Christmas, Reagan, huh? We had a great day, got the kids to bed early tonight and then John and I watched a Christmas Story together.
Friday, December 25, 2009
White Christmas!!!
Posted by Jennifer at Friday, December 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment