
I continue to blog out of order...just keeping my readers on their toes. Way back in June, we had a family reunion with my mother's mother's mother's family!!!! My great-grandmother Lasca Jones...her maiden name was Coker (you will see that on the t-shirts). It was so good to see family. We used to get together every year at one of my great-aunt's restaurants for Christmas. It got to be way too big and too much, so she doesn't host it anymore. I miss seeing these folks and I am glad that my kids got to meet some cousins they have never met before. My aunt Judy planned some fun for the kids. We always have awesome food at any family gathering, and we laugh and talk and get educated about life!!!
The kids had a great time fishing, flying kites and playing water balloons. There was an old recording of Maw (my great-grandmother) being interviewed about the old days. A lot of the family retreated into the house to hear the recording. It was good to hear her sweet old voice. What a treasure she was. I wish my Memaw was still alive. She would have loved having all of the the family together. My great aunts remind me of her so much. I got tickled listening to the argue about the details in some of the pictures that there were looking at. My Memaw would have been right in the middle of that giving her two cents too had she been there! We plan to have another reunion next year. We are looking forward to it!

0 comments:
Post a Comment