Thursday, March 13, 2008

Camp and the Home Front

Savannah reading a letter from Daddy before bed




Our Cabin's Campfire Skit



MAKING FIRE








Well, aside from the pure exhaustion of camp, we are GREAT! You know how I wrote about having everything worked out and having a sitter lined up and all. Well, Savannah and I were waiting in the gym at school at 7 AM for the chartered bus to come get the kids when my cell phone rang. It was John calling to tell me that Whitney had thrown up her breakfast!!!! What is that saying about best made plans???? Anyway, John had to be super flexible withe "The Plan" while I was gone, as he was home with a SICK Whitney for two days before his day to work from home....geez, my poor kids have had sooo much sickness this winter! Well, thankfully, Whitney is back to full health and nobody else got it!

Savannah and I had a great time at Sky Ranch. It was fun to see her interact with her peers and be a part of this educational experience at camp. She enjoyed all of the activities...ESPECIALLY the chocolate shakes from the Snack Shack! One of our sessions was about Native Americans. They taught the kids to make fire!!!! Kinda of scary when you think about fourth grade BOYS having the knowledge to make fire with their hands!!!! We also ran into a friend, Ryan Conover, who Savannah has known since she was a toddler. He told me that his mom told him that I was gonna spy on him! He goes to another school in our area that was attending the same camp. It was a great experience and I am thankful that I had the opportunity to share it with her. I enjoyed meeting other moms and also meeting more of the kids in her 4th grade class.

Well, I am unpacking and preparing things for our Spring Break get-a-way to visit my parents and then to San Antonio to visit my brother and sister-in-law and Shamu too!

0 comments: