Saturday, March 29, 2008

Interesting Day


Well, this was an abnormally non-busy Saturday for us. We actually had NOTHING on our calendar. It was nice to wake up to a non-scheduled day. John usually makes pancakes on Saturdays, but today was a special treat as he went and got donuts (a real treat for the kids!!!) He also worked on our shower that has been out of commission since the fall. He pour the concrete floor today and gave it a nice slope. He cleaned up all of his tools and decided to burn some branches in our burn pit. He had the three big kids outside with him. It rained last night, so he decided to pour gasoline on his pile...he used the hand lighter to light the fire (you probably know where I am going with this...) there was a HUGE booming flame (as told to me by Blayne) and POOF John got singed. Savannah came running in to tell me..."Daddy got burned!!!" She later told me that Blayne yelled for her to come tell me. When John came in, he smelled AWFUL. It reminded me of when I had a wart burned off...YUCK! His hair is gone from his hands and lower arms and he had orange singed hair at the tips of his hair on his head. It feels like an African American's hair when you touch it. The tip of his nose is burned too. He called the doctor and they called in a prescription for a cream for him. He has been soaking his hands all afternoon and evening. He is now blistering. Gracie came over and looked at the burns and said that they are 1st and 2nd degree. He says that they look sunburned, I say that they look like sweaty feet...you know, like after you have played a basketball game or something and you take your shoes off and your feet are pruned and wet looking. So, we will see what happens. He is really hurting tonight. I don't think that he will be able to go to bed anytime soon. He is taking pain killers, so hopefully, that will comfort him soon.

AND.....Whitney and Blayne's little choirs are singing in the services tomorrow. Today, Whitney said "oh, and Momma, I am singing a solo tomorrow" What??? I had no idea. She said, "oh, I didn't want to tell you, I was just gonna let you hear it tomorrow". So, sorry to you relatives that read this...I DIDN'T know!!!! I will be taping it, and I will post it here as soon as I can. Blayne told me that he doesn't know ANY of the songs that he is singing!!!! Great!!!! I hope that he is kidding.

Well, I am off to bed. My "BIG" baby might be keeping me up tonight!

0 comments: