Sunday, August 10, 2008

Memaw


My Memaw is not doing well. It is amazing how fast someone can start to deteriorate! She is continuing with a positive attitude, she is not in pain and she is not scared, and for all of that, I am grateful!

Friday, I got a babysitter and I went to her house and helped my Aunt Judy clean out a bunch of books. One of my Memaw's passions is reading, so she has THOUSANDS of books (no lie!) in her tiny house! I bet I removed 500 books on Friday for donation. We were laughing at some of the titles. She must have been bored and purchased books at the checkout at the grocery store or something. All of her western/cowboy books are being given to John's grandfather. He loves to read as do a lot of his "friends" at the nursing home, so there will be plenty to share!

I talked to my Aunt today and it seems my Memaw is just continuing to decline. She is very weak. They go to the doctor again tomorrow....we will see.

I took several pictures of our cleaning out attempts. The one really bad thing about my new camera is if I delete the pictures, they are gone. I just don't know what I was doing but I accidentally deleted all of the picture of the clean up except for this one! This is the picture of what the house looked like when I walked in on Friday. This is the kitchen!!!! So, you can see the job that my Aunt Judy has ahead of her....I hope to go back this week and lend a helping hand. There is a lot to be done. We were making room for a hospital bed on Friday. I had great pictures of the man bringing the bed and setting it up and realizing that he FORGOT the mattress!!!!!! Ah, just another part of this journey!

0 comments: