My nephews are spending the night tonight. After an afternoon of swimming and fun, they came home WIRED and ready to play. John had the kids play in the backyard while he mowed and I got Reagan all settled for bed. The kids were laughing and having a great time. Savannah has gone to spend the night with Nana because we didn't have room for everyone to ride in our van. She is enjoying some peace and quiet as an only child at her grandparents' house and we are in a mad house over here! Whitney took charge of being the oldest and read the boys a bedtime story tonight. It was The Legend of the Candy Cane. It was so sweet to hear them talking about Jesus being our shepherd and that this man wanted to make candy canes so that he could tell others about Jesus. My nephews were real impressed that the little girl in the story is named "Katie" the same as their sister! After baths, I couldn't resist a little "beauty shop" again. If you remember the pictures of Katie Beth with her vicious looking spikes for pigtails a couple of weeks ago, you will understand how much fun it was to play with Charlie's thick, beautiful head of hair....and he let me! Well, everyone is in bed and asleep (I think!). I am headed to bed soon, too. My new little guy was up MORE than once last night! I am so tired. And, I am expecting the pitter-patter of little boy feet EARLY in the morning. Blayne is so thrilled to have the boys here. He gets so tired of always being outnumbered by GIRLS!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Nephew Sleepover
Posted by Jennifer at Sunday, August 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment