Friday, September 12, 2008

Flag Day At School

Today we ventured to school with Whitney to celebrate "Flag Day". Blayne was an excellent big brother as he stood with Reagan as I moved around to take some pictures. Each grade level sang patriotic songs and the kids were dressed in assigned colors of red, white or blue. Reagan enjoyed visiting with Libby and sharing toys with her. I could barely see Whitney in the sea of kids, but I took her picture to prove that I WAS there! There were some military personnel there and they were honored for their service to our country and the cub/boy scouts raised the flags and we pledged to both the US and Texas flags. It was one of those "Proud to be an American" moments!

2 comments:

Kent Lawrence said...

I LOVE Blayne's shirt!!! :)

Jennifer said...

Yeah....looking at this, I see that all THREE of my kids are wearing hand-me-downs in these pictures!!! Man, I have some great friends that are generous to me! =)