Saturday, September 20, 2008

God Provides



Sometimes, I just put God in a "box" meaning that I don't count on Him to provide for my needs. My head KNOWS that God provides for His children, so I don't why I don't always count on Him to do so! Well, after moving the Baby Grand piano to the living room, we had a piano guy come out to repair a couple of broken keys. He was a very sweet man who has been in the piano business for 50 years, he is 4th generation with the company. He delivered some tough news! Our piano will need to be "re-strung"! What??? How much will that be???? It is going to be a huge job. The piano will need to go to the store for the repair. If they were going to charge $200 to move it 10 feet, what will that cost us???ugh.... So, while we are waiting for an estimate, I turned to trusted Craigslist to find a keyboard that the girls can use in the interim of us not having a piano in commission. As I was sharing all of this with my bet friend, Michelle, she says "Jenn, don't buy a keyboard, I have one that I am going to sell, you can use it until you get the piano fixed and then sell it!" WOW! Thank you Lord...(and Michelle). She has a very nice keyboard with a stand, bench and the best part we can plug earphones into it!!!! So, the two little kids and I drove to Dallas this week and picked it up, and visited with Michelle, Kent and Madison. (she is a hoot!) It has been so long since I have been to Michelle's house. She is always re-decorating, re-arranging and coming up with new ideas for her house. It is like walking through a shop of some sort. She usually has music playing and candles burning. My kids love going over there too!




0 comments: