Okay...with my Memaw's death and funeral and all that has gone on in the last couple of weeks, I have been burning the candle at both ends...I have been really tired. It has been a sad time and kind of hard thinking about not getting to see Memaw here on Earth anymore. Well, let me tell you something REALLY funny. You know I had really sweet fellowship with Memaw on the Saturday before she died. I had her for hours by myself and she was so, so sweet. I am so thankful for that time. On that Sunday, John and I went to see her for the last time. John was shocked as he had not seen her since the summer, and her condition was drastically changed. Her last words to me were "I don't want you to worry about me, hun" Isn't that sweet???
Well, when my cousin, Jeremy, came to see her, she visited with him for a long time (this was on Monday before she died on Wednesday). He then got a "call back" as he was leaving my Memaw sent my aunt after Jeremy because she needed to see him. I, being nosey like I am, really wondered what sweet thing she had to tell him. She didn't want me to worry, what did she want to tell him????? I only wondered...that is until I saw him the day after she had died. My sweet little Memaw called Jeremy back so that she could get him to go to the house and remove the liquor out from under her kitchen cabinet before the "church" people came to the house!!!!! You have to understand, she was in and out of consciousness at the time, but obviously she was thinking clearly on this one!!!! So, you know me, I HAD to take a picture. Jeremy being the wonderful grandson that he is, immediately went to the house and packed up the Hooch! Here is the box in the back of his truck!!!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Comic Relief
Posted by Jennifer at Saturday, November 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
this the best story - i love it!
That's funny! I'm glad you have a funny memory. I saw John, Blayne, and Reagan tonight. Missed you. Next year...you'll be there with your arms full. :)
Post a Comment