Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Potty Training Blues....or Yellows!

Well, we have graduated from this.....








To this.........





But only when Miss Priss feels like it. Today was one of those days that we ventured out in PANTIES! She did great, and even used the gross public restrooms. We had a VERY long list of groceries to get at Kroger, and she and Blayne were perfect angels in the store. I thought that they deserved a special treat so as I began to unload the cart, I told them that they could get out of their little "car" that was attached on the front of my cart and pick out a candy or treat from the check out stand. In all of her excitement of perusing the aisle, Miss Reagan wet her panties...well, actually, there was a HUGE puddle on the floor! I told the checker and gave Blayne instructions to finish unloading the cart. I took my wet princess to the nearby bathroom where I changed her pants and got her new panties to wear. She kept apologizing, and it was so cute! "I so sorry Momma that I tee-tee'd in my panies" I kept telling her that it was okay. We quickly returned to our registered where the nice lady had rung up our HUGE grocery pile and she has a manager waiting to take me to customer service to complete my check out. I turned to smile at the LONG line of people that were stacked up and waiting (I am sure that they LOVED my five-year-old unloading my huge cart) only to meet eyes with the lady behind me who is a cute little mom that was in my Mom's In Touch Bible Study last year....sigh....her cute high school aged daughter was standing in the EXACT spot where my little princess had just pee'd!!! I told her what had happened as she laughed, and I walked off, I told her cute teenaged daughter that she might want to wash her shoes when she gets home!!!! Ahhhhh....the adventures of toddler-hood. Boy these kids keep me humble!

1 comments:

The Gillaspie Family said...

Sweet girl....at least she knew she wasn't supposed to do it on the floor! :)