Saturday, October 27, 2007

Libby Lastest

Libby is holding her own. She is making baby steps toward recovery. She is sedated and intubated and she has the wound vac on helping to heal her infected incision site. She is still very fragile. The boys got to go in and see her this weekend a couple of times. Libby has a lot of swelling, but I was told that the visit went well and the boys did fine. Gracie left the hospital and spent a lot of time with the boys. I think that was good for everybody. Mason is really having a hard time dealing with all of this. He is only 7 and it is a lot to take in. I plan to go on Tuesday and spend the day at the hospital. My sis-in-law has graciously given me another plane ticket, so I will fly down there, catch a shuttle to the hospital and spend the day, catch a shuttle back to the airport and then fly home. It will be a long day, but I really think that it will benefit Gracie to see someone from "her" world and it will benefit me to be there to check on Libby! I will post after I get back and let you know how it goes...

0 comments: