These are the two latest posts from Gracie. They thought that they were getting released today, so they are discouraged!!! But, it is good to be there at the hospital and not at home with her having to go BACK to the hospital!
This hospitalization reminds me somewhat of the Titan rollercoaster at Six Flags, which by the way I almost passed out on last summer!! :o) Last evening the cardiology fellow came by to tell me that Libby's chest x-ray yesterday showed some reaccumulation of fluid around her left lung. They ordered an extra dose of IV Lasix (diuretic) and increased her regular Lasix to 3 times a day. The chest x-ray was just repeated, so I don't know the results yet. Libby's nurse told me a few minutes ago that there is an order for a chest x-ray for tomorrow morning already written. I am hoping it is a mistake, but at the same time, I realize that we need to stay until they are very comfortable that we can stay gone once we leave. We have not seen the doctors yet. I will let you know when I know more - hopefully soon.
Love, Gracie
Not leavin' today. The fluid around her left lung is a little increased, so we will get another xray this afternoon to see if it is worsening. This is what we were warned about - these effusions can be a real problem after Fontans. We'll just have to see what happens. If it gets a lot bigger, they will have to put in a chest tube. Please pray!!
Gracie and a disappointed Libby
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Posted by Jennifer at Thursday, October 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment