I have had some people ask me about some of the funeral details from Coach Miller's service. The music was very worshipful and I found myself in a bit of awe as to who was leading it! My old youth director's daughter, Laney, led the music. She sang a couple of songs. Her back up was a childhood friend and neighbor of hers. Now the nostalgia set in at this point. She was a little girl that I babysat and she hung out with me on a lot of our youth trips. Whitney reminds me a lot of Laney as far as PERSONALTY!!! The childhood friend who backed her up was also a little boy that I babysat. He is all grown up now. He spent a semester at Hillsong in Australia! His name is Logan. Another significant piece of information is that Logan was our ring bearer in our wedding and Laney was one of our candle lighters. We have literally watched these "kids" grow up before our eyes. It was like a proud mommy moment seeing them on stage serving the Lord in this way! They were in a band together before Logan moved in Australia, so I am sure that they enjoyed singing together. Both of these kids grew up on the street where Coach Miller lived. They spent many a day running from one house to another. It was a very unique place to raise children and something that a young mom could only dream of! When I would babysit, it would be a packaged deal. Usually, the entire street of children would end up with me at whatever house I was babysitting for! Fun times....great memories...I considered these people family.
I have gotten a video off of youtube of Laney singing with her band. This is one song that she sang at the funeral, obviously it was much more toned down than it is in the video of her concert!!! Logan is the one that is playing the piano and comes in and sings with her on the chorus. I think that the camera pans over to him at the end!!! They're pretty good...I must say!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Another Funeral Pondering....
Posted by Jennifer at Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment