Monday, January 21, 2008

Our Expensive Doctor's Visit Today


Well, as I have mentioned before, we don't have good medical insurance. Well, it is what one would consider catastrophic insurance; meaning that IF we were in an accident and ALL six of us were injured, it would cover our expenses AFTER our huge deductible, so the sick visits to the doctor run me around $100 for just walking in the door! Last night, Blayne started running a high fever. He woke up yesterday with a gooey eye so after the fever, I thought that I had better take him in today to the doctor. Our pediatrician is out of town on vacation, so I chose to take him to a private emergency room that is nearby. They did a strep test which was negative, and the doctor diagnosed him with pharyngitis. I guess that is what you have when your throat is sore and red but you don't have Strep! So, off to the pharmacy we went with our prescription for the $4 antibiotic (I was proud that I got one on the Wal-Mart $4 list!) Well, the saving that I had made were negated when I opened my door and the wind gusted and banged it into the car parked next to me! The door hit the car just right (or I might say WRONG) and it cracked the rear tail light! ARGHH!!! So, I called my sweet husband and told him of my latest deed....he was nice and told me to put HIS work number on the note that I was writing for the car owner. I left the note on the windshield and Blayne and I hurried in out of the cold! When we returned with our $4 medicine, the lady was getting her groceries into her car. I walked over to personally apologize. She told me that the car was a rental and that the company had called her to let her know what had happened. I was a bit puzzled, and then realized that my savvy husband had used the license plate number that I had given him to track down the car (WHICH WAS A RENTAL!!!!) and find out where is was rented from. He had already talked to the manager and had things in place to get the car fixed! What a guy!!!! So, my quick trip to the doctor with Blayne is costing me HUNDREDS of dollars....oh, well, it is JUST money, right????

0 comments: