If you are following this blog from my Christmas letter, you might remember that I wrote about a family friend that is fighting lung cancer. This man is from the town that I grew up in. His family is very special to me. I babysat for his kids in the summers and just spent some great time with all of them. He is a coach and well respected in the community. His family attends the church that I grew up in. I remember visiting his home when his daughter (who is now married) was born. I was with my parents out for church visitation (now you know that I grew up in the Baptist church!) Anyway, please pray for this family. The following is the latest update that I received. This is how all of the updates have been...giving God the glory in it all!!!
We did hear a report from the Dr. and our heart's weigh heavy at the report. The cancer has spread to the abdominal area. Chemo is not really an option at this point. When I ask the question you want to know the answer to, but really don't, the Dr.'s response was 2 to 3 months. Medically speaking yes, but we know ultimately we are on our Creator's time line - that time frame could be less or greater - we just know it's Perfect because He is perfect.
I can't tell you the peace that flooded our hearts and minds while I gave Tommy the news. It was so evident God was near. He told me he was getting the best end of the deal - his precious sister would be waiting for him and he would see his Savior face to face. To God be the glory! Has he stopped fighting, no....it's just in a different format now - when all you've got is God, there is no greater armor! He is our Deliverer regardless of the coutcome.
Romans 8: 18-20 "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creations was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creations itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God." Amen and amen!
Oh my friend, it has not, is not, and will not be in vain! For He who begain a good work in us will see it through to completion! He is the Master Potter and we are the clay! Oh that each of our lives will never be the same! You are loved and lifted up!
WOW...I hope that I could be in the same mindset if the Lord were to put me to a trial such as this. I just sent them a card yesterday...it was a funny hang in there card and I enclosed a gift card to Sonic. Coach Miller's latest enjoyment is sucking on Sonic ice. He can't swallow at this point, so he sucks on it and gets suctioned, but it has been good! If I were there, I would bring dinner or something, so I thought a Sonic giftcard would be good, and it would support his new addiction...Sonic Ice!!! Please pray for them and their sweet young adult children (cory and courtney)
Thanks..
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Prayer for some friends...
Posted by Jennifer at Saturday, January 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment