Sunday, February 24, 2008

Headed Back to Health!


We are feeling much better over here. Savannah is a new person today. She was really sluggish yesterday and I didn't know if she would be able to go to school tomorrow or not. Today she is almost hyper which is VERY active for her personalty! She has a lot of school work for this week. She has to make a Pocahontas mask and do an oral book report dressed as Pocahontas on Friday. She has to make an original musical instrument and write up a description of it and a paragraph of how to use it. She, then gets to go in front of the class and demonstrate her instrument. She named it the Disco Strummer! I don't know why she has two big projects due in the same week!

She got the book report assignment a few weeks ago....hmmm, about the time that she got the Flu! She had to read an autobiography or biography on someone, and then we knew that she had to do this oral presentation and come dressed like the character and tell the report in first person. Well, she was struggling to come up with an idea and both John and I took off with what we thought was a GREAT idea. Savannah had learned about Joni Eareckson Tada a few weeks prior in AWANA. She seemed very interested in her story. John and I both think a lot of Joni and we started telling Savannah that she could read a book about her and that she could come dressed as her and then John came up with that we could get an electric wheelchair that we have access to, and she could come into the classroom in the chair and do the report from the chair. We were both getting excited. I then, remembered that John's parents have some artwork from Joni Eareckson Tada and I told Savannah, "you could use those and fake like you are using the pencil with your mouth to draw"....Savannah was about to lose it! She had tears in her eyes and she said "please don't make me do Joni Eareckson Tada, I don't want to be in a wheelchair all day, I don't want to draw with my mouth in front of my class"....John and I looked at eachother. She was so worked up about it. Then, Whitney pipes up "hey mom, when I am fourth grade, can I do Joni Eareckson Tada and ride in the wheelchair? I won't be embarrassed!" It is times likes these that we see how differently our kids are wired!
Joni Eareckson Tada


So we are all feeling better, Savannah has been working her tail off today on homework and John and I have been tackling the housework. I was pretty much on my back for seven days...so you can imagine the amount of laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, etc, that needed to be done!!!!
BTW....John got all the stuff that is needed for me to put video on-line, so be prepared!!!! I will put Whitney's "Favorite Things" on here and her solo from Christmas that didn't get recorded. And I will try to put up some other odds and ends that we have on film.

0 comments: