Saturday, April 5, 2008

Baby Shower

I mooched some pictures from my Aunt....ENJOY!!!



Today, I headed to my cousin's baby shower. I went and picked my grandmother up and we went together to the shower. She is 81 years old and she is pretty much an expert on everything (according to her)! She treated me to lunch at a Chinese Buffet place that was a converted Dairy Queen (interesting). We had a great trip there and I actually made it there without getting lost! My cousin just got married last summer and the shower was at the same location...dejavu'! Last year, I missed an important turn and had to stop and get directions. I had my mother and grandmother with me trying to help me out. So, I think that my grandmother was concerned that I would make the same mistake again; therefore, I was nervous I would make the mistake! We got there just fine. It was good to see my cousins and their kids. I didn't have my kids with me so I got to sit back and watch the other kids (not MY relatives) do things like bang on the piano, throw glass punch cups, drop fruit balls on the floor, you know the things that kids do that make you cringe...but ahhhh, they weren't my kids, so no worries here! Amber got a nice shower with a nice variety of things. I think that she is set with baby things. You know how it is with your first baby: You think that you need EVERYTHING!!! She'll learn. I also got to go to one of my cousin's houses and see his little farm. They have chickens, goats, cows, horses and a donkey. They have invited me to bring my kids up there, and boy do I think they would love it! I finally got to see my aunt's 'new' (built in 1921) house! It is so cute. She is really creative and has great taste in decorating, so she has it all set up cute and cozy. My Uncle and my three boy cousins spent the day working on a privacy fence at her house. I would have loved to have been there to watch that...to see the 4 personalities come together on the project! Fun! After a great visit with my Aunt and Uncle, my grandmother and I loaded up and headed back to her house. On the way, we stopped and she treated me to a Sonic burger. She seemed to think that I would be THRILLED to get a Sonic burger as it would be a great treat. Although Sonic is one of my FAVORITE places to go, I didn't have the heart to tell her Sonic is all around me. She made it sound like it was a place that I wouldn't get to eat at. My grandmother told me some stories from her childhood and her early days of marriage and how she almost died when she was born...she likes to tell me that one. I DID enjoy my time with her today. I laugh and make fun of her quirks, but that is what makes her my Memaw! It was nice to have some uninterrupted time with her today. As I get older, I realize that my time with her will not always be available. I need to invest in the time that I have while she is here. Sorry, but I didn't take my camera today. You will just have to read my boring writing....hey, my Aunt took some pictures, maybe I can get some from her!

0 comments: