For those of you that comment on my gray hair form time to time, you need to know WHY I have it!!!!
Today, I had one of my nightmares flash before my eyes! We had a busy morning...me at a bridal shower, John at home with the kids. I came home grabbed all four kids and whisked about to my in-law's home for a Teddy Bear Picnic with all of the cousins that my mother-in-law has planned. We got there and Whitney realized that she didn't have her jacket. I got everyone out of the car, and the kids headed toward the backyard where my two sisters-in-law and my mother-in-law were with all of the cousins. Reagan was walking RIGHT with Savannah. I thought that I might have a random jacket in the back of the car, so I turned to look to see if I could find something for Whitney. I was also getting the diaper bag and other items out of the car. I turned to see Savannah talking to her cousin, but I didn't see Reagan. I assumed that she was right there with the other adults and kids. I couldn't find my keys, but I decided to walk away from the car and look for Reagan real quick and then get back to my key/jacket search! As I rounded the corner of the house, I found that ALL of the cousins were there, EXCEPT for Reagan. I felt a small panic, but I thought that I would find her quickly, so I shouldn't freak out. I walked ALL the way around the house and I couldn't find her. THEN, I was standing at the corner of the house and I saw her HUGE pink bow across the street!!!!! My baby had crossed the street....I began to SPRINT across the yard when I noticed a car coming, FLYING, down the street...the panic set in. Reagan was only feet from the street. (on the other side) I started screaming "Oh, no, oh no!!!" I was screaming "Stop!!!" I think that was intended both for Reagan AND the speeding car. The car slowed down some, and came to a complete stop when it caught a glimpse of the maniac woman running and screaming. They didn't speak to me and drove off after I ran out in front of them and swooped up my laughing Reagan...I am sure that it was hilarious seeing me running and screaming down the the hill and then catching up with her and flinging her into my arms. My sister-in-law, Cheryl, had come around the corner of the house as I was screaming and reaching the street. She was yelling and later told me she thinks she cussed when she saw what was happening!!!! She was yelling just like me. It was a very helpless feeling. Thank you Lord for protecting my baby....and for having my sweet sensitive Savannah in the backyard as this had all played out. She would have felt sooo guilty if she thought that Reagan's wondering off was her fault. I hadn't asked her to keep up with Reagan. My in-law's don't have fences and I guess nobody saw her get away. I am so thankful that the Lord protected our baby girl from an unthinkable accident. We live and learn in these things. Reagan spent most of the picnic time STRAPPED into a booster seat and into the baby swings. I have been in knots all day. It keeps playing through my mind. I wanted to included a couple of pictures to show you a prospective of where she was....my heart is racing as I type just thinking about this.
These two pictures of her enjoying swinging after the trauma that she put me through. I could barely breathe I was so freaked out.
Below is a picture of where I saw Reagan. She was ACROSS that street about three feet into the grass. (Obviously Reagan is right with me when I took this picture AFTER the incident)
This is about where I took off running from.....I could not get there fast enough!!!!
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Reagan took off about TEN years of my life today!!!
Posted by Jennifer at Saturday, April 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment