Our Famiy is going to grow by......
Well, I realized that I haven't said much about Baby #5 on here. Today I went to the doctor and all is well. I have actually lost weight!!! That's the new diet plan, you know, get pregnant with a 5th child when you are 35 and you will lose weight! I have never had the blood tests done in the past, but because I am so old now, and I am at a higher risk for lots of things, I did have the extensive testing done. Everything has turned out "beautifully". The baby is growing on track, negative for: Down's Syndrome, Spina Bifida, and 2 of the Trisomy Choromosal disorders. So far so good! I have experienced a lot of pregnancy insomnia with this pregnancy, but that has been alleviated with the doctor's order to take Tylenol PM at night, now I just have weird dreams and make noises when I sleep! I have lower back and hip discomfort, but my doctor broke the news to me today that is because I have carried FIVE babies (I was kind of dumbfounded when she said that....five babies is A LOT!!!) and it will only get worse the farther I get into this pregnancy. She told me to sit in the hot tub, get massages, use Bengay, and just try to get comfortable! She was so sweet and understanding about it all! So we continue on. We go for the BIG sonogram in two weeks. We will be taking both of the big girls with us to experience the sonogram and to be the firsts to know "what it is"! Blayne is desperately wanting a boy, and the girls mention a sister more than a brother. Reagan told me that it is a baby sister and her name is "Hoop". I don't think that we will be going with Miss Reagan's choice in name. John suggested "Obama", but I doubt we would do that to our child either. So, please pray for a healthy pregnancy, a healthy baby and a cooperative baby at the sonogram in two weeks!
Monday, June 29, 2009
Baby #5--18 weeks 2days
Posted by Jennifer at Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Personally, I began going to a chiropractor to alleviate back pain and sciatica. It worked great! It's more likely that your hips are uneven than that you've carried 5 babies. I have a friend who has 11 children and never had back pain with any of her pregnancies.
FYI, for better sleep you can also use over the counter progesterone cream. It's great for the baby and helps you relax to sleep. Abundant life in Keller has the best one called "Restored Balance". Likely that you progesterone is a bit low which often causes sleeplessness, especially during pregnancy.
Will be praying for you. 5 kiddos- WOW- is all I have to say. Never saw it coming but that is why the Lord tells He has plans for us that if we knew them we wouldn't believe it. So proud of you guys! Hang in there!
Post a Comment