Here are pictures of Whitney's Note...
John and I had a wonderful time this past weekend. We packed a lot into two days for sure! We headed out Friday afternoon to:
We booked reservations through Priceline to stay here:
One drawback was that THIS was going on across the street at the Convention Center:
(Hispanic Jehovah's Witness Conference)
And we encountered some scary drunk people on the streets behind our hotel when we would come in at night!
We had a wonderful time of dining out without children at H3 Steakhouse, Dos Gringos and a fun little cafe' in Aledo name Mac and Harry's. We met a rancher that had been wresting an alligator! He was called by the game warden to come "get the gator" It was 15 feet long and he estimated it was 400 pounds! They shot it and it took it to his ranch and tied it to a tree for the buzzards to take care of. His daughter had an Iphone and showed me the pictures. It was HUGE with a HUGE mouth! Neat story.
We went to the movies, walked around the water gardens, got me a new cell phone and visited John's grandparents. This was our first time to see Mammaw's new apartment. It was really nice. We stayed for a couple of hours visiting. John even took the time to fix Mammaw's sewing machine needle that was broken. She gave us a tour around her apartment and we sat and visited for a while. It was much larger than I expected. We plan to take the kids our there for a visit soon.
Poppa was in a different room at the nursing home. He has a very friendly roommate now, and the man actually asked me to take him to dinner...wasn't sure if he meant OUT to dinner or just down the hallway, he was funny! Sweet Poppa. He is so tiny and frail. He was in bed on full oxygen, couldn't really talk, but he still has that twinkle in his eye, he barked at us (like a dog--that is his greeting--always has been since I have known him) He would just smile and wink at us. He told us that he was tired...so tired, and then he would close his eyes, fake snore, and then open his eyes and wink at us! Funny, funny, man. He told me that Karen (John's cousin) had come and he pointed at their picture. I talked about Karen and her kids coming (since I had read it on her blog....I was able to carry on that conversation with him) John fed Poppa some thickened water and he had several slurps. He is too weak to suck from the straw, so John fed him like you do a baby with a straw, with one finger over the end of the straw. I didn't take pictures of him as he seems so frail and it just didn't seem right, but I stole these off of Karen's blog (thanks Karen) from her visit from last week. This is Poppa with Kayleigh (check out her HAIR) and being sweet with Logan. He was having a great day when they were there. He was flat in the bed during our visit.
We enjoyed staying up late and sleeping in....with no pitter patter of little feet running across the floor! I took some pictures with my new phone camera, but I will have to see how to get my pictures from there...to here.

1 comments:
That sounds like such a fun weekend! Think I might have to steal your idea and get away for a weekend, or even just a night. I miss getting to hang out with just my husband, not that the kids aren't fun, but you know...
Post a Comment