Taste and see that the Lord is good!
I love how God shows me His love from time to time. We have dear friends that serve as missionaries in Kenya and they have been home for 8 months and will return to Kenya later this month. They have two children whom you have seen on my blog:
This family is very special to us and we went to hear them speak/share about their ministry in Kenya last week. It is mind boggling as to what all is involved in their ministry. It is very humbling to hear them share. They don't complain, or whine about their trails, and they share with joy there journeys on the mission field. Their children are the same ages as my younger two, and are little, so we have shared clothes with them when they come home so that they don't have to buy anything. I asked Kim (the mom) what they needed as they were packing, and it was a lot. They are going to a new climate that will be cooler and rainy. Just a few days ago, John had folded FIVE loads of laundry and had said to me that our kids have way too many clothes, and I agreed. So, I went through and pulled all of Blayne's jeans (as he will be wearing another size in the fall) I pulled clothes of Reagan's for the fall because I know that she has plenty. It felt good, but I also had this feeling of "oh no Blayne starts school in August, what if he needs this or that" but I cheerfully gathered the things and boxed and bagged them up for our dear friends. Then, last night, out of the blue, our old neighbor called me to tell me that her husband is coming through on business and will be bringing hand-me-downs for my kids. She specifically said that there were things for Blayne. Now, isn't that neat how God provided??? I had cleared out his things earlier in the day, and BOOM she calls and blesses me with replacements (which are always VERY nice clothes) and all is well. God always provides, it may not be the way that we expected or WHAT we expected, but he provides. I am thankful!
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
My Cup Overflows
Posted by Jennifer at Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Amen! Before you even ask, it was on its way! Our God is awesome!
Post a Comment