Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!!

Today, we reflect on what great fathers we have. John and I are both blessed to have wonderful Dads. We were both raised in Christian homes with Dads that showed us how to live and work toward a godly life. We are both grateful and thankful for our dads and the legacy that they are leaving to us and our children.




I am thankful to God for giving me John. He is a wonderful husband and an amazing Daddy. He loves our kids, he disciplines them when needed, he makes them laugh all the time and he hugs and loves on them. He is a special Daddy, and we are thankful to have him!



John always says that he doesn't want anything as far as gifts, but the kids and I are gift givers, so we always come up with something. Savannah used her own money to buy him a BNSF hat on our train ride last week. Blayne and I got him a vegetable grilling bowl for his grill. He had mentioned wanting one of those. Whitney gave him his 4th of July shirt that we get EVERY year from Old Navy for $5 and a Symphony Bar (his favorite) and Reagan gave him some sweet tarts variety bag. They made a book for him, and signed cards. You will notice that the gifts are all in random bags that were in our gift closet....so low economic crisis on gifts, but some thought went into them! John was sweet and excited about each gift and even shared his candy with us!!!

1 comments:

The Gillaspie Family said...

What a special day with all your kiddos and your sweet hubby. I remember Mrs. Glo showing us your wedding picture and using you two as an example for one of her lessons our senior year. What an awesome example the two of you are for your family....