My Memaw in May....
We received some tough news last week while we were on vacation. My 81-year-old grandmother was diagnosed with Follicular Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. She was going in to have routine gall bladder surgery, but instead, this is what the doctors found. I was shocked when my mom told me the news. But, I must say, I have been even MORE surprised at my grandmother's response to the news. You must understand, she is a lady who cries and complains when she has a stomach ache. She has always been VERY fearful of death and has at times when she is sick doubted her salvation. Well, it is so neat to see how peaceful she is through all of this. She is accepting this with a smile on her face and she has been so pleasant. She told me that this is in the Lord's hands and if her time has come to go, she is okay with it....wow. I spent time with her on Sunday and again today. We laughed and she teared up a few times, but it was about other people, NOT about the cancer. They have a game plan for her now and expect her to respond well to treatment. One thing that is against her is her age...it caught my ears today when she gave her birth year 19 and 26....wow! that was a LOOOONNNNNG time ago! Pray that the Lord will continue to grant her this amazing peace that is consuming her! On a funny note, today while I was in the room with her, she got up to go to the bathroom and she sat there on the toilet with the door open and talked to me for like 20 minutes! She was telling me some heartfelt stories and I was having to hold myself back from laughing at her rambling on and on from the pot!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Seeing God's Grace in a Trying Time
Posted by Jennifer at Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment