Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bryan's Procedure



Well, sometimes things don't go as we plan them....and they still work out GREAT! When I checked in for Bryan's appointment with DR. PACKWOOD, I was told that we would actually be seeing Dr. Hunt today....don't get me wrong, I have met Michael Hunt at the Packwoods' on a couple of occassions, but I was supposed to be seeing ERIC PACKWOOD today, and I was all psyched up to go through with the procedure and I had a babysitter and I had John there who left a very busy day at work.....but after I got my mind refocused, it just made sense to go forward with everything today. I know that all of the doctors in this practice are awesome and they are all believers and we were in good hands, even if they weren't the hands I was expecting. Protocol is to do a throrogh eye exam so Bryan got his eyes dilated. We found out something unexpected in that Bryan is very near-sighted. He will be checked again in the months ahead, but he might have to have glasses....see, we would not have found this out had we not had this appointment today! The eyes might begin to correct, but they are going to have to watch him...and seeing as how Bryan's daddy is VERY near-sighted (like can't see the alarm clock from the bed near-sighted) it is very likely he will have some vision problems...poor guy!
We enjoyed meeting a fun nurse, people watching in the waiting room, and then after the throrough eye exam, we headed off to the procedure room...John was looking forward to watching, I was planning to step out of the room. After being there, and with some encouragement from John, I chose to stay and I was glad I did. I asked permission to take pictures and I LOVED Dr. Hunt's response "well, if you are like my wife, if the picture is not in the scrapbook, IT didn't happen!"....he was FINE with me taking pictures...He understood this pathological picture taker!!! So, thanks for praying for us today, and for praying for Eric's skilled hands because he WAS doing surgery on some kids today, but below is the guy that actually took care of us today and it was a great experience!

Here's his bio...see, we were in GREAT hands!
Michael Hunt was born and raised in Paris, Texas. He attended Baylor University where he graduated Summa Cum Laude in 1995. He received his medical doctorate with high honor after four years of training at Baylor College of Medicine, where he also participated in medical missions and earned distinction as an Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society member.

Dr. Hunt completed his ophthalmology residency and pediatric ophthalmology fellowship at the world-renowned, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. In 2004, he was certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and moved to the Fort Worth area with his wife Jennifer, a Texas A&M graduate, and his three children. Dr. Hunt cares for pediatric eye disorders and adults with misaligned eyes (strabismus). He received specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of strabismus, amblyopia, cataracts, trauma, retinopathy of prematurity, glaucoma, and ptosis.

Dr. Hunt has been honored as a Top Doc by Fort Worth Magazine.

When he is not caring for his patients, Dr. Hunt enjoys spending time with his family, participating in church activities, and following sports.

3 comments:

The Gillaspie Family said...

What a blessing that this was an easy fix. Sweet baby boy...he seems to have handled it well! Oh, and I saw your mom and dad on Saturday at Missy's!

Becky said...

So glad that things went well. Keep us posted on his eyes. We will be praying.

Callicott Family said...

Glad everything went well!