Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Well, another day of thanking God for all that He has done. Really, God is so good to me. I have so many things to be thankful for. We hosted my parents and my grandmother for Thanksgiving. My mom brought the dressing, and John friend a turkey (for the first time and it was DELICIOUS!!!), and I made all of the rest....well, my mom did make a pumpkin pie (which Blayne my picky eater LOVED!) We had stuffed mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, pimento celery sticks, fruit salad, homemade rolls, cherry pie, chocolate pie....oh, my stomach is churning just thinking of it all....and to think that we get to do it AGAIN tomorrow with John's family!!!!! John is going to fry another turkey tomorrow. It was really tasty and it was pretty...if a fried turkey CAN be pretty, it was!
My grandmother said that this was the first Thanksgiving EVERY that she had not cooked. (I had her stuff the celery...that was a good contribution to the meal, don't you think?)
I took the three older kids to see a movie this afternoon while the rest of the family watched and slept through the Dallas Cowboy game! Then, we came home and went over to do a walk through the Packwoods new home, yes, our dear friends are building their new home in the midst of being in Houston for 9+ weeks!!!!! Gracie really had wanted to write scripture on the studs before the sheet rock, so I had asked a couple of friends to go over there and do that. Today, I had my kids do it. It was sweet to see Whitney writing "A friend loves at all times" Proverbs 17:17 on Mason's studs in his future room. Savannah and I wrote in Libby's room and I wrote a long scripture on Gracie's future island in her kitchen. I took pictures, so I hope that they will turn out. I know that she had really wanted to do that, so I thought that is the next best thing...have someone else do it and document it with pictures! The house is going to be so nice. They are bricking it and putting the stone on now, so it is really taking shape. They will eventually get a pool, so everytime we go over there, my kids head out back to see IF there is a pool yet!!!! I have thought of the Packwoods a lot today as they are celebrating Thanksgiving with their Luby's take out at the Hospital in Libby's room. I am glad that they can be together on this day and thankful that Libby continues to make progress in her recovery, but I am sad for them that they are not home and enjoying this day together in the comfort of their own home! Well, I need to get to bed. I have two pies and other items to make in the morning to take to my second round of Thanksgiving.

0 comments: