Saturday, November 17, 2007

Libby News

Lib has had a good day. Her temperature got up to 99.4, but otherwise has been normal. I really think the Methadone is the cause of all this, as I have realized she had other symptoms of withdrawal that I was attributing to other things. I am still a little nervous to stop the antibiotic that they started 2 nights ago, wondering if maybe it is the reason her fever has come down. However all of her cultures have come back negative, so there is nothing to treat, and unnecessary antibitics are dangerous too! Of course they will be watching her like a hawk.

I am so thankful to see Libby learning how to handle all this medical stuff. I have been getting her to ask people their names, what they are going to do, and if it will hurt. It seems to be empowering her, and she is SO BRAVE!! One of the heart surgeons came in today and asked Libby if anyone had ever told her she was cute. She said "no." He said "Really?" She said "My mom." Then he said he has a little girl that is so cute he wants to eat her up. Libby got a funny look on her face and said "WHY?" It was hilarious!

We hope to go to the cardiology floor on Monday if Lib has a good weekend. YEA!!!

Love, Gracie

0 comments: