This was Gracie's latest post...
Still no poop. Someday, she is going to kill me for revealing this information about her!!! Her belly is so distended. We are hoping that is why she seems so uncomfortable. Also, today we discovered a pressure sore on her neck, seemingly from lying on a syringe. This is of course very disappointing and concerning. She is so wiggly in bed that I don't think it was from negligence. They keep proping (sp?) her up in bed, because Dr Fraser wants her head up, but Libby has her own way. She wants to lay flat, sideways in the bed, with her right foot hanging off. So there!! Tonight she mouthed to me (around her tube) "Mommy, I want a drink of water." Her nurse let her suck on a sponge with a little water. Libby held it herself. The breathing tube doesn't seem to bother her too much. I'm not sure if that is good or bad. I'm afraid she really needs it and maybe that's why it doesn't bother her. Hopefully she is just used to it. After her water, she said "I want to watch TV". I got out our DVDs, and she flipped through them and pulled out the one she wanted. AMAZING!!! If I had that tube in my throat, you'd have to knock me OUT!!! She fell asleep holding my hand. We are hopeful about getting the breathing tube out soon! Thanks for checking on us! Love, Gracie
Saturday, November 3, 2007
Libby News
Posted by Jennifer at Saturday, November 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment