Wednesday, December 5, 2007

LIBBY IS HOME!!!!!


Libby got to come home yesterday. They arrived last night minutes after I had tied the last balloon and sped away. Libby greeted us this morning at carpool. She was ALL smiles! Here is a copy of Gracie's latest post....


Ahhhhhhh. What can I say?? It is great and honestly strange to be at home. Libby asked about 30 times on the way home where we were going. I kept telling her home, and she said "I don't have to go to the hop-sital anymore? I get to go home? To see who? Daddy? Mason? Camden? Where do they live?" Lots of reassurance there! The closer we got, the greater the joy in my heart. I loved the feeling when I looked at the sights and felt "at home". As I drove onto our street, there were signs and balloons everywhere saying "Welcome Home!" and other things. Sweet Jennifer Stonecipher and my mom did that! I honestly envisioned each of you (some without faces because I do not even know you!) standing on the sides of the street cheering. I truly feel you have walked this journey with us, and today is your victory too. God has had mercy on us and has given us more precious time - with each of our children!!! I pulled up to 2 boys with more welcome home signs, excitedly jumping up and down. There was another sign that all of Mason's class had made with the help of one of the moms who has been a big Libby fan. Camden brought out flowers and told me there were flowers in every room - which there were!!!! Three delivery people arrived almost at the same time with balloons, stuffed animals, more beautiful flowers and an Edible Arrangement. WOW!!! What a welcome home!! When I came in the house, it looked so unfamiliar. I walked into each room, just getting re-oriented. All I can say is it was strange! That quickly passed and we went to look at the house we are building. That was fun! It has changed A LOT in 9 weeks. Libby loved walking around it also. Libby got to swing, which she has wanted to do since we left Keller! We had dinner AS A FAMILY - whining and complaining and all!!! We did the normal too long bedtime routine - I loved it!! Libby fell asleep quickly and easily in her own bed. God is good! Thank you for loving us!! Now I'm going to sleep - IN MY OWN BED!!!!

Love, Gracie

0 comments: