
Today was the annual Fall Carnival at our elementary school. There were many exciting things to see and do. They have been selling raffle tickets all week at school during lunch time for a Wii game system. Whitney was really excited about it and wanted to buy some tickets. Savannah, Whitney and Blayne have been saving their money for a Wii. John told them that if they each would save $50 (totally $150), he would pay for the other 1/2 of the Wii. So, they have been not buying things that they want so they can save for the Wii. They have been culling through their things to put in the garage sale that I am having next weekend, so that they could earn some more money. Well, tonight something VERY exciting happened. Whitney's ticket was drawn and she WON the Wii!!!!! She just bought tickets yesterday. I actually forgot to give her money before school, and I went and worked in her classroom, and still forgot to give her the money. So, I called my friend, Gracie, who would be going to school at noon to take her kindergartener, and asked if she would give Whitney the money for her tickets. I asked her to give Whitney $5 so that she could buy 6 tickets. I paid her back when Whitney got home from school yesterday afternoon. It was so sweet, a little boy in Whitney's class told her this week that he hoped that she got the Wii since she didn't have one....
I cannot tell you how excited my kids are tonight. Whitney said that she feels like it is a dream!!!!! It was sweet. She told me that she prayed before she put her name on those tickets and she prayed at night this week that God would let her win. And tonight, my sweet baby girl told Blayne and Savannah "let's pray and thank God for giving us this Wii" She and Blayne BOTH prayed sweet prayers thanking God for the Wii, well, Blayne actually thanked God that Aunt Rosie and Uncle Bobby gave us the Wii...we had gotten some mail from them, and for some reason he decided that they must have given us that Wii!!!!
Here is a slideshow of our fun time at the carnival tonight...ending with pics of the kids with the Wii...
We are so thankful! What a neat lesson for our kids to learn.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
She Won!!!! She Won!!!!
Posted by Jennifer at Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
How do you like the traffic feed all the way from maybank!!! i love the picture with beth's girls (they are so pretty) and whitneys expression, i love that girl!
Post a Comment