
We are slowly coming to good health over here. Whew...this has been a LONG illness that has had a vengeance! Anyway, I went to the grocery store yesterday with Blayne and Reagan to get some necessities from the pharmacy and some food staples like: bananas, Saltines, Gatorade and apples. We weren't there long, but I am telling you, you have never seen two kids more excited about going to the store. We have been home since Saturday! Well, there was a very nice looking African American man there. He was dressed in a suit and was probably just running some errands on his lunch hour. Well, my sweet Reagan. She saw him and was saying in her LOUD Reagan voice "There's the trashman"...."Look, there's the trashman"...."Mom, there he is, it's the trashman"...I was trying to quietly hush her and distract her and tell her "No, that's not our trashman"...well, she wouldn't have it, she was yelling "Yes, it's trashman" and then she proceeded to call for him as we walked through the store "Trashman, where are you???" People were laughing at her all over the store. I was horrified. Poor man, I am sure that he felt labeled. Our trashman is a very nice African American man, and Reagan likes to wave at him and say "hi"! This reminds me of when Whitney was this age and LOUDLY announced to me at the store "Mom, look at that fat lady!!!" as she pointed...ahhh, these children, they keep you humble!
Friday, January 9, 2009
Funny Reagan
Posted by Jennifer at Friday, January 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is quite funny! Kids say the darnedest things and the darnedest times. It reminds me of the time my boys saw a lady at Kroger. Let's just say she could have been more modestly covered, and my boys wanted everyone to know that she needed a better shirt. I was mortified!
oh no! i'm embarrassed for you! that is funny , though...poor guy. :)
Post a Comment