Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Never a Dull Moment


I just wrote the other day that "I love being a mom and I enjoy the craziness of having 4 kids!" Well, last night was an example of the craziness part! At night, after baths, the girls get into bed and read. Reagan likes to come to their room and "pretend" to pray with them and tuck them in. Well, last night, I was in Blayne's room putting him to bed when I head a thump and Reagan began crying. I ran to Whitney's room and found Reagan on the floor crying. Whitney said "she fell...she was praying with me and her feet slipped and she let go and fell" I picked Reagan up and she stopped crying and told me "I fall down on the ladder and hit my head"...that is when a familiar warm stickiness began to cover my arm. I looked over and saw that her pajamas were covered in blood and it was all over both of my arms. I calmly called to John who was on his way because he had heard the commotion too. We took her to the bathroom to rinse her head and inspect the damage. She had a gash about 1 inch long and about 1/8th of an inch wide. We got the bleeding to stop, and we couldn't decide what we needed to do. We had some liquid bandage, but we didn't know if that was good enough or if we needed to take her in for stitches. So, we called our trusty 'ole friends, The Packwoods, he is a surgeon and she is a pediatrician...they would know what we needed to do. I got Eric on the phone and he talked me through some stuff and we decided that it would be best for he and Gracie to look at it. We cleaned her up, got her fresh pajamas and John took her over to be inspected. Gracie said that as a pediatrician, she would suggest that Reagan go in for staples, Eric felt that the liquid bandage would do a fine job. So, Eric cleaned it up real good and he and John put liquid bandage on it. They also tried to tie her hair to help hold the wound closed. Because of her trendy new haircut, there is not enough hair to tie! They both felt that the closure was good and they sent her home with gauze and bandage for us to wrap her head to protect it while she slept. She was hilarious through it all she was as happy as could be, goofing off and she was ecstatic that she got to go the The Packwoods at bedtime last night! So, if you ever wonder why I have so much gray hair, please know that some of it is genetic (thanks mom) and the rest of it is from days like this!!!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Boy that looks familiar! Glad she's ok and no worse for the wear. (Now that I think about it, Charlie hit his head on the iciest night of the year.)

Michelle said...

I love this girl!! I think these are some of the most precious pictures of her, that smile is priceless!

Hmm...I think you have me beat! ;)

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for the Packwoods once again. Maybe Reagie should wear Blayne's helmet!