Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Ice...Ice...Baby
Much to my surprise, school was canceled for today. Usually our district is one of the lasts to call it off, but late last night when we checked the district Website, sure enough, it was canceled. I quietly went in and turned off the girls' alarm clock and we didn't set one for ourselves. It was so nice to sleep in a bit this morning. We had to bring the dogs in last night because it was in the low 20's outside. Luke sleeps in the crate, but we now just put Rudy on a towel and he stays there ALL night without moving...wow...Luke has been very destructive lately, besides fetching the NEIGHBOR'S paper, he also has been digging large holes in our backyard...not a welcomed activity here...John and I have both been very discouraged and often wonder if we should find him a new home. Okay, back to the ice day, the kids were over-the-top excited about the ice in the yard...they hoped for snow, but settled for the sleet and ice. I got them all bundled up (reminds me why I like to live in the south...what a pain!) and we took off outside to play. They had soooo much fun. I was a bit freaked out worried about Reagan falling on her head and re-opening that wound, but she survived. This is the first year that Reagan could really enjoy the fun!!! After a couple of hours, we came in and enjoyed hot chocolate together. Now they are all competing on a video game together (even Reagan) and just seem to be enjoying their day at home together. I like days like this!!!
Posted by Jennifer at Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment