Sunday, October 28, 2007

I don't need surgery...




One thought that keeps ringing in my head regarding Libby goes back to August. I watched all 7 kids (Packwood 3 and Stonecipher 4) while Gracie and Eric had a conference call with the surgeon, Dr. Fraser. He talked to them for like 45 minutes to an hour. I tried to keep the kids pretty quiet and we were all playing. Libby put me to bed several times and tucked me in with her covers and gave me Elmo and Barney and her baby. She would just laugh and laugh. After the phone call, Gracie and I spoke briefly, and she told me a little but not much of what Dr. Fraser said. Soon after, we were being silly with Libby and Gracie was about to start her feeding when Libby said:

By the way, tonight she told me she wasn't going to have "sur-zhur-eee". I said "Oh really? Why?" "I don't NEED sur-zhur-eee". (from her Carepage)

It was one of those chilling moments like when one of my kids has said something like "I am going to go to heaven soon" I freak out thinking "are they about to die and they know it?" I am sure that all kids say things here and there. Libby said this clear as a bell. I was sitting right there! I am sure that Gracie has thought back to that day too.... Before they left for Houston, she told me more than once that she wasn't going, she was going to stay at my house...We miss her around here.

0 comments: