
I have had 7 kids today, and I don't know how those people do it that have 10, 11, 12 kids...
Seriously, it hasn't been bad, but it is the preparing and thinking ahead that I am not good at. I am not organized enough to have that many kids on a full time basis. Whoever is praying for us with the kids...keep doing it. I can tell that people are praying because this has been too easy! The kids have done awesome. Keep us covered! I will more than likely have the boys all week...maybe longer.
Here is the latest on Lib:
Dr Fraser was able to uneventfully clean out Libby's wound and place a chest tube to drain the fluid that has been collecting around her left lung since last week. He talked with us extensively afterwards and said that he has not given up hope. He feels that she has some good things happening in her body, and he considers her stable. The plastic surgeon was there also and they have come up with a tentative plan for closure of the wound, maybe on Wednesday. The infectious disease team is very involved with directing her antibiotics and are "going after that bug".
It is easier to give you details of her care than to tell you how we are doing. As those of you who have gone through something like this before know, we don't even know how we are doing. One minute we are "OK", then the emotions rush in. Ultimately, we know that God is good. He loves us and He loves Libby, even more than we do. He may take her to heaven soon, or in 90 years. We are scared to face life without her and the pain that comes with that, but we will do it if we have to. We know we will be with her again. The doctors assure us that she is not suffering. We have hope for more precious days of BOOs and roars and "Tell me a bad Jimmy story".
Love, Gracie
Libby has had a fairly stable afternoon, but her temperature has been difficult to control. It has gotten as high as 104.7, nearing the point that is considered "dangerous" for the brain. They have recently put a cooling blanket on her and her temp is slowly coming down. They are working very hard to get her better. We are confident in her care here. Dr Fraser will look at her wound again tomorrow (?morning). Our boys are loving being at the Stoneciphers, who have become dear friends in the last 15 months. I think the biggest highlight has been getting to eat Cap'n Crunch for breakfast. We know many of you are ready and willing to help. If we think of anything, we'll let you know. For now, just prayers. Thank you.
Love, Gracie
Please continue to lift this family up...
Also, I will be posting about our trip to Longview, the fishing and "camping" and all. But right now, I need you praying for Libby...
Thanks...Jennifer Pretend mother of SIX
PS on a side note...Gracie doesn't feed her kids sweetened cereals, so they went nuts this morning getting to have Cap'n Crunch for breakfast! Mason ate two bowls of cereal (Cheerios, then Can'n Crunch once he saw that Camden was having it!) They were saying things like "aw man, this is awesome, it has sugar in it, and it tastes so good". She is gonna kill me; I have ruined her children!!!!
Monday, October 22, 2007
Sorry for the late post....
Posted by Jennifer at Monday, October 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment